Vårdhandboken (Handbook of Healthcare) provides recommendations which sometimes need to be supplemented with local instructions or manufacturer instructions for use. When this is the case, it will be indicated in the body of the text and on the page "Local instructions".
For basic hygiene routines and dress code for health and social care staff
local instructions may already exist or require establishment regarding:
- Which gloves should be used in different health and social care situations.
- Workwear, use of headwear and additional restrictions regarding jewellery.
- Special hygiene routines.
- Measures beyond basic hygiene routines, such as filtering face piece (FFP) respirator.
- Where to turn if you develop skin problems.