Vårdhandboken (Handbook of Healthcare) provides recommendations which sometimes need to be supplemented with local instructions or the manufacturer's instructions. When this is the case it will be indicated in the current text and on this page "Local instructions".
In basic hygiene routines and dress code for health and social care staff
local instructions may already exist or require establishment regarding:
- What types of gloves to use for different tasks or care activities.
- Workwear, use of headwear and additional restrictions regarding jewellery.
- Special or strict hygiene routines.
- Use of face protection, surgical face mask and additional personal protective equipment such as filtering face piece (FFP) respirator.
- Management of body fluid spillages.